Day/night confusion

K

First time mum looking for some advice. My little boy is 3 weeks old today and we are battling with day/night confusion. On the whole he sleeps fantastic in the day but at night wakes 3hrly. I can manage waking that frequently and feeding but what I can't cope with is that he is wide awake and wanting to play for hours at these night feeds 😫 in the day I have been waking him for 3-4 hrly feeds to try and reverse it but I can't get him to stay awake enough to play at all. House is well lit in the day, dark at night. I walk with him in the sunshine once a day. We try very hard to play but he's so sleepy in the day. I'm not sure what else to do? It's driving me mad! I try to sleep in the day when he does but I don't find it as restful. I'm so tired at night I fear he may slip from my arms as I doze off feeding him. Last night he was awake from 2.30 post feed til 6.30, not hungry, not wet, not crying just awake! And if left in the bassinet alone after 15 mins would get cranky. Any advice for this sleep deprived mum to switch this habit?