Spent $250 on my hair today to be told I can't have it..

mama.jinx • Wife // mama // coffee snob // Gemini

I recently started a new job and when I started that job I had PLATINUM blonde hair with ashy grey roots. I've been at this job for two months and really like it. The head manager is actually my close friends dad and my fiancé and I have known them for YEARS. the assistant manager is cool as well. Another small world notation, our GM is a guy I went to high school with's mom. So she likes me a lot as well. During the interview I had faded silver and blue hair and she loved my hair.

I told my manager (she's the officer manager so I told her before going to the big guy) that I was getting my hair colored purple and grey. She was worried about it with our GM (mind you, she HIRED ME with blue hair and loved it) so I showed a picture and she said it would be fine as long as it wasn't messy looking or anything. I pay VERY good money to have good colors in my hair so I know better.

Well I got my hair done today, and we did it a little different and the purple is very very dark and looks blue, and my roots are black for the time being. These are all fashion colors and will wash out quickly. You can avoid them fading by using certain shampoos and using cold water. So I restocked on those products because I was told as long as my hair wasn't messy, it was fine. (Let me add, another girl previously had blue dreads and it was completely allowed)

I sent a picture to our group chat with the other two office girls and the assistant manager and showed them the color. Which isn't insane.

Our manager sends me in a separate text that although it looks good, it's not what I showed her and we have a meeting with a corporate office next Wednesday 8-1 for a training class and hopefully it fades before then because they won't like it....

Y'all. I literally spent $250 for this hair because she told me as long as it wasn't messy or done poorly and tasteful it would be okay. I even told her the blueish parts would fade to the purple and grey I showed her.

Our big boss office manager is a goof ball and could VERY WELL have told her to joke with me to freak me out. I'm panicking SO BAD because I'm too nervous to call him and ask him if they're serious. I texted one of the other girls and she said yeah we have that meeting but they're the kind of coworkers/friends to play jokes on you to bother you. I just need to vent because I'm super upset about this because I WAS TOLD IT WAS OKAY annndddd the other girl has had blue dreads before! I'm so freaked out and worried that I could potentially lose my job over someone being wishy washy about my hair.. 😭😕 even if it's not what I showed her, she still told me before that that purple, red, and other neat colors would be okay within reason..

Edit/update: I spoke with my coworker who is a really sweet friend and it is no prank. There is a meeting next Wednesday at another office that we just learned about today. She said our manager is probably just worried of what they'll say about my hair but the GM will be there and I'll speak with her if anything goes does. For now, if it doesn't fade a lot, I'll try to put it in a bun and cover it with a headband or something. This manager is a little weird but she's sweet and new at her position so I can see where she's worried I guess.

Edit/update #2: it is not the fact I have tattoos and a nose ring lol. Two out of twenty people know I have a nose ring and that's because I know them personally lol. And were allowed to have visible tattoos. So far, my hair has faded more to the purple side (like my hair dresser said it would 😉). My manager said she's worried about one person from our corporate office being bothered by it because she's old af. Soooo I should be fine, but my hair is fading as it should and no one has gotten in trouble.

EDIT UPDATE THREE. the meeting was fine and my district manager LOVED it! I also answered all the group questions perfectly and was very respectful to all the coworkers and corporate people 🤗 the corporate lady even complimented me and told me how glad she was to meet me. 😝😝😝