Multiple Sclerosis

Anne

Hi all! My name is Anne, I'm 27 and I was diagnosed in November 2015. I have multiple lesions in my brain and we learned something was wrong when I lost basic, simple words. My friend credits herself as the reason I had to get an MRI when her barn frame above her bed fell on my head and we thought I had a concussion (I can look back on this now and laugh).

I was started out on Rebif, it lasted a few months before my skin broke out in red blemishes and was painful to touch. I met with a different neurologist and was started on Avonex and some anxiety and depression medications.

About 4 months ago I felt that the medication was becoming more painful than what it was supposed to so I stopped taking it. I still have issues with depression and anxiety, I lose words and the fatigue is constant, but I feel better than I have in over 2 years. I'm trying to find ways to use essential oils and what would be good, but it's a process, although a fun one.

What's your story? How did you find out you have MS, what were the symptoms and what did you do?

Much love to all my spoonies!!!!