What's going on? Please help

Hi ladies I need some advice. Me and my husband have been ttc for about 5 months now. I have been having regular periods and always on the dot. (Every month on the 17th) I missed my period this month and I took a pregnancy test today (July 23) and I got a BFN. I have been having light cramping on my lower abdomen, frequent urination, and increased thirst. My period is 7 days late and I used a first response test. Do you guys think it's still too early? I'm so confused. if I was pregnant I should of gotten a positive by now right?

Update** I am now 2 weeks and a half days late on my period. I went to the doctor to get a blood test yesterday and my results came in today (Aug 2) My blood test came out positive so I will see my doctor again at a week from now. (Aug 9) My urine pregnancy test was still coming out negative at exactly 2 weeks. I am still confused why I had a negative urine test and a positive blood test. I will keep you guys updated. Baby dust to all! ❤️

2nd update** I finally tested positive! (Aug 10) I am 3 and half weeks late on my period and It was confirmed again from my obgyn that I am pregnant!