Frustration while pregnant

Shelby

I am now almost 17 weeks pregnant. My husband I struggled to get pregnant and once we did get pregnant after a year, I struggled with some pretty terrible nausea and lost about 5 pounds for lack of eating. In my 16th weeks I came down with a nasty cold and was terrified it was going to affect the baby, I then failed my 1 hour glucose test which broke my spirits. Then my past came to haunt me when I told my doctors I had a seizure back in 2010, none since. I had to go to a neurologist to make sure all was good to deliver. The neurologist doctor treated me terribly and scared me more than anything. Said I needed to get back on medication even though I hadn't had a seizure in years, demanded I get a EEG and MRI done even though he wouldn't tell if these would effect the baby at all. He was in the room for 5 minutes, didn't care to read my records just told me he wanted me on medication even though he knew nothing about my history or why I was there, didn't even ask about my pregnancy even though it was right at the top of my notes, the whole place smelled of smoke, the front staff was miserable and cared more about their cell phones, there was no one else waiting to be seen so he had no real reason to rush me, i was nothing but patient with the doctor so I know I wasn't seen as rude (he even said I was a very pleasant woman to be around, weird I know) , I literally had to ask the front desk what I had to do next because the doctor couldn't stop long enough to ask if I had any questions... Needless to say I've asked for a different referral to a different neurologist. I cannot believe doctors actually treat patients like that. My hormones are raging. I just want my baby boy to be all good. This unneeded stress is just complete bull.