Should I make it work?

Nicole

Hey girls, I dated a guy back in October for not even a month, and broke up with him because I wasn't in a good place for a relationship at the time. Recently, in the beginning of June, we started hanging out again and I have fallen head over heels with him. He's everything I want in a boyfriend and more! The problem is, I'm staying home for college and he's going away to a big party school :( we aren't officially boyfriend/girlfriend, and as much as I want to be, I'm scared to put a label on us right before he goes away. I'm also scared to mention that I want him to be my boyfriend because I don't want to ruin anything we have right now. I love spending time with him and talking to him, his college is 4 hours away so I would be able to visit sometimes, but he is known to be a heavy drinker and I'm freaking out a little bit. Everyone's telling me to forget about him and stop talking to him completely, but I just can't. I want to be with him so badly because he makes me so happy :( any advice from those who have long distance relationships? Thank you so much. <3