Neighbor's infant (not sure where to write this)

Courtney

I'm not sure if this is the right spot so, if not, I'm sorry!

My husband and I just moved to a new duty station with our 1 year old over the summer. We live in town homes that are relatively old and you can hear everything. We have met our neighbors just once and haven't really seen them since. They are a family of 5 living in a small 2 bedroom town home (I know how big since they are all the same size homes). They have a baby that is maybe 6 or 7 months old and two older kids that are around 5. My concern is with their baby. We constantly hear this baby girl screaming and crying for hours. Everyday. Sometimes I even hear the father yelling during the screaming and crying but I'm not sure if he's yelling at the baby or not. I don't hear the other kids at those times so my biggest fear is that he's yelling at the baby. And I know babies cry but this is screaming bloody murder type screaming and crying. It's so easy to hear that my husband asked if it was our son crying downstairs one day. I told my husband that our son cried for maybe a minute but that was it. I'm not sure if I should go next door and offer help or if I should do anything since I barely know them. I just don't want anything bad to happen and the screaming and crying breaks my heart. We can hear it from inside our home and when we are outside. I don't want to insult them if nothing is wrong but I also don't want anything bad to happen to that baby.

Any advice is welcome! Thank you!