I don't know what to do

I have known this guy since freshmen year and we r now going to be juniors. we have always been flirty with each other but it didn't really mean anything at the time. although i have liked him for awhile, near the end of sophomore year around april at my birthday party we were dared to kiss each other and it just started off from there. he said he liked me for a few months and we made out a few more times. then when he was high one night he said he wanted to be good friends again so i stopped talking to him all the time. 2 months later he walked me to my car to go get starbucks and he kissed me several times and said he really liked me and he fucked up and didn't want it to happen again. We see each other all the time and treat each other like boyfriend and girlfriend and everyone thinks we should date. I went to his dads birthday party and he told his aunt we were dating. BUT HE HASNT ASKED ME OUT!? I confronted him about it and he told me he is scared. I don't know how long i should wait for him to make up his mind. I really don't know what to do.