I'm Engaged!!!

Jamie

We started TTC in October. It was kind of a crap shoot because I had just stopped taking the pill after 16 years of being on it. I was very irregular but I wanted to at least try. We took a break at the beginning of this year from trying because I came to terms with the fact that my body wasn't back to normal yet and I was overly stressing out. I've been tracking my cycle the whole time and it seems to be back to normal so we've been trying again since June.

We went away on a mini vacation two weeks ago and he proposed while we were on a whale watch! I was honestly so surprised and didn't expect it!!

My dad gave us the ring he gave to my step mom 23 years ago. I was very close with her and she passed away almost 2 years ago. Unfortunately I didn't like the setting. It's gold and just not at all my style. We had the stone reset into something I love and I had my sisters birthstone put into the original setting and I gave that to her so she has a part of our step mom too.

We got the ring yesterday and now everything feels so real!

This is the original setting with the ruby I gave my sister. I didn't tell her beforehand that I was going to do this for her, she loves it! (The jeweler took these pictures.)