Insensitive coworker

Hi
My coworker (male) who knew I just had a miscarriage two weeks ago (I didn't tell him, someone in the office did during my time of absence in the last couple weeks...) just walked up to me and said, "You wanna talk about sad? I'm going to a funeral service for a 6 month old who was born premature, family thought it they were over the hump of complications and they went to wake him up from a nap and he was gone." 
Ok I understand that's absolutely painful and sad, but how is that even remotely comparable to what I'm going through and feeling? It's not. That's a whole new ball game and not even close.  That's disrespectful to me and the baby's family for even thinking it's ok to say that in my opinion. I hate my coworker. As if that's being sympathetic at all.  Not the first time he's said wrong things at wrong times. I don't think I'm overreacting but I could be. This is why I didn't want to say anything to him about my personal life.  
Thanks for letting me rant 😡😡😡 now to try and let it go. He's an asshole and I feel so sorry for his wife for living with that.