ONE YEAR OLD BIRTHDAY PARTY?

My little boogie is turning 1 in December. I know we're still a few months away. I'm not a very good person at organizing parties so I was thinking I could just celebrate hire first year with us. My Husband, my stepkids and me. We have been the ones closer to her aside from my mom. I could get her a cake and let her eat! Buy her toys and whatever a 1 year old likes. Or should I really put effort and make it big and celebrate it with all of our family? The only problem is have with this, is that my family doenst speak English at all. My husbands side of the family only speaks English, no Spanish. 2 different ethnicities. My family is quiet, doenst make an effort to talk to people that aren't related to them or that they can't speak to. Although my husband doenst speak Spanish, he really tried hard to communicate with my family. And I know this might not seem like a big issue to anyone else, but to me it is. I wish everyone could understand everyone. Also; my family feels uncomfortable when they are in a group of people who don't speak Spanish. So should I just do a small celebration for my daughter ?