Epidural, IV meds, or natural?

Sydney

My induction date is September 14th. I have already registered for the epidural just in case, but I would like to try to go without it this time. With my first, I had a very early epidural. It was extremely painful and was the only part of my labor that caused me to cry. It also prolonged my labor and made my progress in terms of dilation very slow. I was in labor for 23 hours. Everyone might not have had the same experience as me, but based on that, I would like to try to avoid getting another one. My doctor mentioned pain meds through IV which wouldn't eliminate or numb the pain like an epidural would, but instead make the pain more bearable and help me stay relaxed. I have considered labor with no medical intervention at all, but I don't think I could stand the pain. I don't have a super high pain tolerance. What methods, if any, are you choosing to help you through your labor- either epidural, IV pain meds, or all natural? I just want opinions. I'm not sure which direction I should go. 🤔

Vote below to see results!