28 hours of labor

Arianna

I was in labor for 28 hours the first 20 hours were at home with no pain meds I woke up at 4:30 am on august 15 when I got to the hospital I was only 2cm dilated 50% efface and -2 the hospital sent me home at 8 am and told me to try and get some rest they gave me Benedryl to help me sleep it did nothing I got all of 10 minutes of sleep so I was at home trying everything breathing threw the contractions I was in and out the shower and bath tub on all fours so I started bleeding around 7 called back up the triage the said it was just from the exam so finally at 11:40 I was in some much pain that I was shaking so I came back to triage and I was 4 cm dilated 100% efface and -2 I was in labor 🙌🏾🙌🏾 and now I can get some pain meds so I get my epidural ( I requested it before I even made it too my room) I really needed that epidural I was exhausted my nurse told me she thought I could of made it without the epidural if I wasn't so tried my doctor came in to check on my at bout 4:30 and I was 6 cm so she broke my water then I was finally able to sleep I woke back up about 7:15 my epidural came disconnected in the front so they were working on getting me some more meds I was having so much pressure I had got on all fours we although I was just having contractions so the got the epidural working again now they were just trying to find his heart beat after 20 minutes of trying they were just going to put it on his head but guess what I was time to push you could see the hair on his head it took me all of 10 minutes to push

Amare Emanuel was born on 8/16/17 @ 8:35 in the morning 5lbs 11.4 oz 19 in long he was kinda small but he was born 3 weeks early but he's healthy and doing great breastfeeding very well