has anyone been given misoprostol for miscarriage?

Alyssa

so I was supposed to be 9 weeks, I went to the ER last week for slight bleeding, they sent me for an ultrasound and more bloods, my HCG levels weren't doubling but still rising, and ultrasound showed a sac measuring at 6 weeks, I had to wait another 10 days for another ultrasound to see if there was any difference, went yesterday to have the ultrasound and it measured at 5 weeks, so went to the women's pregnancy unit this morning preparing myself for a D&C; but they didn't want to do that so instead gave me misoprostol tablets to insert vaginally, I'm not sure if I want to take them or not, I have just started bleeding heavily and passing lots of clots today, I've already been bleeding for 2 weeks tomorrow (started spotting then full on bleeding this time last week), so I think if it was going to come naturally it would have already but what I have read about these pills sound terrible, the side effects, heavy heavy bleeding, intense cramps, and some people have even had to go back to emergency because of so much blood and pain which is one thing the doctor did tell me that it is alot of pain and alot of bleeding, I wish they had of just done a D&C;, so has anyone taken misoprostol for their miscarriage and have anything good to say about it, or want to share their story?