What do I do?

Maggie
My boyfriend and I are really close and we have been doing long-distance while were in college and were probably going to have to do it longer because of where he gets in the med school and by the time I finish up with my degree and everything.. and we've been talking about getting engaged within like the next year or so but his parents don't approve of the idea because they believe that you need to be fully done getting your education before you can be engaged to get married which is kind of making this process difficult because it's going to be a while before he's out of med school and everything. Not to mention I'm a Methodist and he's very Catholic and so is his family and I think that it's great that their religious and all, but I just don't know what to do because we are talking about it and he is very set on getting married in a Catholic Church in my family would want us to get married somewhere else like in our Methodist Church... There so many things to figure out but I'm just really trying to figure out the timing on getting engaged because he says he wants to and we figured all this out further in the next year or so but his parents don't approve so makes it kind of hard for him to want to do it.. Any advice?:/