Am I Too Clingy?

cloepika

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting and I just feel really worried about the situation with my boyfriend right now. To sum up some background generally, I'm 19 and he's 22 and we're both in college. In a few weeks we will hit our one year mark and both of us are very serious about our relationship together. The both of us have changed so much in order to keep our relationship strong and to always talk and work out our problems. Mind you not everything's perfect, and some things take more time than others. Anyway, I've always been a very shy person, to the point where I couldn't even eat in public in front of people, and I grew up with only my mom and brother and always moving schools so I never kept long relationships with friends. My boyfriend on the other hand grew up with four sisters and big family and he's naturally very chatty. He struggled with depression a lot when he was a teenager and he strongly believes love and people's relationships are the most important thing in our lives as people. We started living together in January of this year, and I officially moved in the beginning of this month. It was tough initially because we both gave up our social lives, and him being 2 years ahead of me in school he lost a lot more friends than I did. Over the summer I told him the last thing I want is to get in the way of his life and I just want to encourage him and I especially want him to be with friends because I know how much being and laughing with people makes him happy. But now that school has started He's getting back into hanging out with people he hasn't seen for a while. Again, I want this for him. But we had an argument last night because he tells me that I constantly want to be with him for the smallest things and that I make him feel guilty and like he doesn't love me because of how disappointed I sound when he says no it's okay. I didn't realize I was doing that and apologized for it. But I really do just want to be with him. I spend a lot of time just waiting for when I get to see him again. He just announced, didn't even ask, just announced that we was going to Berkeley this weekend to see his friend. So he's there now and I have just been on YouTube today all day cause I feel so depressed. I know he loves and cares about me, and asks if I'm okay but I text him back smiley faces cause I don't want him to feel guilty but I feel awful. I've sacrificed so many of my dreams of the future for this relatio ship. I don't know what I'm doing with my life. And I feel like he's going to take me for granted and only want to be with me for sex and when he wants comfort. He said to me that I alone cannot satisfy him, he needs people to live. He's enough for me, but I'm not enough for him. I feel like I have to compete with his job, school, biking (he loves biking) and friends just to be with him. what's the point of this relationship?