Finally my turn!!


After 9 months of reading everyone's birth stories, I finally get to tell my own! I had a great pregnancy all the way through. Never really had any morning sickness, did have some scares with high blood pressure, but everything tested out fine and it ended up going back to normal. But besides the normal aches and pains, I can't complain at all! It all somewhat started around 34-35 weeks when I went to my doctors appointment and they checked me and I was already 2cm dilated and 75% effaced! With it being my first pregnancy, I was completely shocked because I definitely didn't expect to have already been dilated like that! A week later, we went back to the doctor when they checked me again and said I was now 4cm dilated and 80% effaced😳 I was surprised that they didn't try to keep me or send me on over to L&D;, but instead they sent me home and told me to just take it easy and hopefully she'll stay in a few more days! We set another doctors appointment for a week later, but my doctor said that we most likely wouldn't need it! So on August 18th, my husband and I decided to have sex when he got home from work. I knew it could induce labor, but I didn't know it would happen so quickly! 30 minutes after we finished, about 6:30, I started having contractions 5-8 minutes apart! I was actually on my way to Davids Bridal to look at bridesmaids dresses for my friends wedding and I had been having contractions all week, so I though that the contractions were just from having sex and they would most likely go away after a while! Well after about 30 minutes of walking around and the contractions just getting closer, I figured it was best to call my husband and get out of there before my water broke in the middle of a wedding dress store😂 I hurried home, my husband and I grabbed a few things since we already had our Hospital bags packed and in my car, and went to the hospital! We arrived at 8:00 p.m., got checked into triage and had to wait 2 hours to see if I progressed before they would admit me. At 10:00, they checked me again and I was at 5-6 centimeters dilated and almost 100% effaced so they took us to our room and got my IV's started and called the anesthesiologist for my epidural. All of the nurses were trying to get me to go natural because I was doing so good to already be at 6 cm😂 but that wasn't happening! I was in pain, not terribly bad, but I definitely didn't want to feel anything anymore, and I knew it would get worse after my water broke! So after getting poked a million times because they couldn't hit a good vein for my IV, the anesthesiologist came in to do my epidural, and that's really the only thing I was SUPER nervous about! But after what felt like a little prick (which was the numbing medicine) I didn't feel a thing! My husband was holding my hand, and said that he about got sick and wanted to punch the guy in the face because it looked like he was hurting me and being super rough, but I didn't feel any of it besides him pushing on my back😂 about 10 minutes after the epidural, my water broke, and we were on our way! I laid there for 2 hours when they checked me again and said it was time to push and she was very close to coming out so we didn't need to do any practice pushes until the doctor got in there just in case! They prepped the room, the doctor arrived, and in 9 pushes, our precious baby girl, Lynnley Blake Whitt, was born at 3:33 a.m. What we expected to be a 7lb baby, turned out to be a 5lb. 8oz little bundle of joy that was 20 inches long and completely healthy. She was born at 37w+2days so she was a little early, but she tested perfectly on everything. Her daddy and I already love her so much, and even though she's only a little over a week old now, I'm already so sad that she's already getting bigger😂❤️ sorry for the long post, but thank you for reading!