Stubborn diaper rash

Emily

My daughter has this horrible diaper rash. It's red and raised and I can tell it itches her. We have been to the doctor three times and were told it was a yeast diaper rash. We have tried nyastatin and then another prescription that I think was similar just stronger, along with layering desitin and aquaphor. It almost completely went away and then after a while it would kind of alternate every few days of looking like it was gone to coming right back. We use honest company diapers and wipes, do you think it could be an allergy? Has anyone had any experiences like this? And found anything that works?

UPDATE: So after multiple doctors visits and none of the normal creams and remedies working, I finally saw a nurse who immediately said that it was clearly an allergic reaction, not a yeast diaper rash. So I immediately bought some cloth diapers and started using just cloth and water to wipe, and within a few days it looked SIGNIFICANTLY better. I am actually seeing skin color for the first time instead of bright red and pink skin. I feel horrible that I didn't figure this out sooner. I had tried different disposable diaper and wipes brands but not cutting them out completely. I don't know exactly what she is allergic to in the diapers or wipes, but I'm glad for now that we are finally getting rid of this horrible rash.