My crush was my bully?!

So I kind of like this guy but he use to be an asshole to me growing up in like middle school. He stopped being rude and we r actually sort of friends now and I sort of like him. The only thing is when I'm not with him in person I just still think he's an ass and it's like getting a bad taste on ur tongue. But when I'm in person it's all good.

Idk if i would actually want to date him cuz I always feel like Part if me is gonna keep thinking of him as a mean bully even though he's not mean anymore. And Ik he likes me like that too but it's just so weird. Any advice?

Side note: I think I'm feeling like this cuz he would always judge me, like I still remember when he called me a pizza face cuz I had some acne back then and of course it hurt pretty bad cuz I was young and it was the first time I got acne so I was sensitive and idk it just feels like he is always gonna judge me like that. like if I get a pimple now I'm just gonna remember that time and be like oh shit he's gonna make fun of me (in his head) for it ,I can't let him see me with any pimples ever.

Sorry if this didn't make sense. It's been like 3 ish years sense we hated each other so it's not like this was all super recent or anything.