interracial dating & indecisive parents.. help.

So recently, a guy and I have been talking. I really like him & he really likes me. I’m not exaggerating when I say that he’s the most respectful boy at my school and I’m falling in love with him. The only issue is that he is Black & I’m white. My parents are not racist. I know there will be comments trying to say they are, but I promise you they’re not. My moms best friend is black and my dad has lots of black friends. My mom isn’t the issue though, my dad is. He won’t even talk about me dating another race because it upsets him and he gets angry. Now my mom always stands up for me and says “had you rather her have a respectful black boyfriend or an abusive white boyfriend?” And my dad usually just grumbles. I’m so torn here because I really do like this guy and he’s the first person I’ve found in a long time that I’ve felt this way about. I’ve been hiding this from my dad for a while but it’s going to be difficult if we do date and he takes me out. I’m so frustrated at what to do because I love him and he loves me. He’s the most respectful boy I’ve met and literally stole my heart the first time I met him.. any advice?