Is it okay to treat your oldest kid differently?

For example, I know many people who are the older child and they tell me their parents are very hard on them but they go easy on the younger ones.

I'll use myself as an example: I have been deprived of many things like cellphone, laptop, clothing when I need it because I should work for it. I'd save up my money and buy my own things with it or work extra hard to get into educational aids so I could get a laptop lent to me for the school year. Few weeks/months later they give my younger brothers a gift: brand new laptop, iPhones, new shoes (they are younger than 12) because if i have one then so should they. A lso, they left me alone when it came to school. I'd do my homework without assistance since maybe 3rd grade when I started doing math and reading and learning cursive. I even have to help my siblings with their homework even if I'm too busy with uni. I'm 20 now.

Yeah you'd probably think im being a brat but as a powerless kid it does mess with your head.

According to my parents it's so I can be set an example. I just find it unfair. Do you do that to your kids? Do you think it's okay? Or is it a good way to set an example for the rest?

Vote below to see results!