USE A CONDOM!

Sarah

No lie, I've spent about $1K (more or less) on testing for STDs every 3 months in the last 9 months. I'm 17 and I experienced chlamydia, my first and only (so far) STD, the worst way someone could ask for. It was horrible and I obviously tested for STDs and it was a + for chlamydia only... thank God. Then I started testing for STDs every three months but I realized I was only testing for four and not all of them. I paid like $600 for all 12 STDs and so far I'm clean but haven't received my HPV and Hepatitis (A, B, and C) results. I had an HIV scare. And you know why all this? For not using a damn condom, and by sleeping with people I don't even know that well. Please make sure that if you hook up you only do vaginal or/and anal AND use protection, because with oral you can transmit this diseases as well as they can be transmitted to you. Be smart, please! Fortunately I only got chlamydia which is curable and very common but what if it was something else?. This is my advice, just use protection, be smart, and avoid paying the higher costs of your life, either with actual money or by getting an incurable STD. I'm only 17 and already going through all this and I wish I knew better. Most of us are misinformed, but it's better late than never.