PO to the max

Anon

Why do some mil think they have so much say over someone else child???!!! As in when to feed your own child when you know your child best and how you should put your baby to bed. I am baffled and upset right now. So suddenly because I am visiting at her house then the way I handle my baby has to be her way?! My baby has a routine but she's wanting to change baby's routine. Baby sleeps at a specific time every night but my mil won't let baby go to sleep and tells me not to feed baby when baby is hungry. I know my baby best so don't try to be my baby's mom. I am a ftm (30 yrs old)...ive been doing just fine with my baby for 3 months and my mil wants me to do it her way. I can't. I haven't told her bc my husband says his mom is only trying to help. It's no help if she wants to change my babys established schedule and I'm definitely not okay with her telling me not to breastfeed my baby when she's hungry. Like holding her out and don't feed her so she won't fall asleep and can sleep longer through the night. No! I will feed my baby when she's hungry. She is crying atm because she needs to nurse and go to sleep but mil is holding her and won't give her to me. WTF??!