Which pill do you recommend

D

I currently have a mirena iud but it's messed up and falling out (sorry tmi) I go in Monday to have the dr see if it's fixable or if I'll have to do something else. My insurance dropped me so whatever I choose will be out of pocket. Otherwise I'd go with another iud. With things being this way I'm looking at birth control pills. I'm thinking maybe the mini pill? I don't know much about birth control pills. I've heard you have to take it at the same time every day is this true or as long as you take it daily it will work? Do you ladies have suggestions or advice for me? TIA!

Update: my dr couldn't fix the iud so she removed it and put me on Sprintec, it's a 3 month supply for $27. She told me to use protection for 1-2 weeks after starting the pill. I read on the paperwork and it said 7 days. Should I be safe and go the 2 weeks or is 1 week enough? Also how long after you started taking the pill did you have side effects or did you have none at all? Sorry I'm new to the pill and am not sure what to expect!