Help!!!

Melody • TTC BABY #1

Ok so I started my first ever round of Femara last month (5mg) CD3-7. I finally got a positive OPK on CD20. My dr wanted me to get a progesterone check on CD21. Now, from my research it can take 7ish days for the levels to show you ovulated. Well a couple of days later my dr got the results and they told me that I did not ovulate (0.7 level) and since I didn't ovulate (and I have irregular periods) to go ahead and start my new meds. They increased my femara to 7.5 mg and added metphormine 1500mg. I asked if they wanted me to take provera to induce a cycle and they said no to go ahead and start meds and count that first day as CD1. Well, Glow told me that since I supposedly ovulated late I would then get my period on sept 8th. Well, per drs orders I started the metformin on Monday my "CD1". Then started my Femara "CD3". Then on Thursday "CD4" late at night my period comes and its definetly my period and not just spotting. I called my dr but due to the hurricane (they are in Tampa fl and I'm in Sumter cty fl) they were closed. Do u think my period was due to me possibly ovulating late or from the meds? Do u think this cycle is now a waste since I started taking femara before my period came?? Im so frustrated.