Sleep Training

Kat

We have chosen to use CIO to sleep train our 6 month old. Up until this point he has slept next to me because he would refuse to sleep in his own bed and I didn't want to use CIO until he was at least 6 months. Now I want my space back. I've not really been rested because I'm only half asleep when he's with me so that I'm aware of where he is and don't roll over. The only deep sleep I get is when he gets restless at 630 and I put him in his swing and he goes back to sleep until around 9. He's still in our room for the sleep training since I breast feed and it's easier. My thing is where before we would just dream feed, now he's full on waking up 2 hours after going to sleep to eat and then passes right back out and I don't have the energy to move him when he's done and risk another CIO session so he stays in bed with me the rest of the night. We have only done 2 nights so far but it's already tiring. Is there a way to keep him asleep all night? I'm not used to having to fully wake up during the night. Am I just going to have to feed him then put him back and risk him having to CIO again? Any mom's who have experienced this, your input would be great, thank you! Pic of the cute little snuggle monster included.