Interracial couples Question

My boyfriend Chris and I have been together for a year now, he is mexican and I identify with Black my grandmother is Mexican but I just don't know much about the culture so I just say I'm black, now I'm well aware of the bad blood between Mexican people and AA people (not all but some) but I never let that get between him and I, recently he invited me over to his sisters birthday party (this was the first time I met his entire family) everyone was kind and welcoming but I noticed a few people who had an issue with us, a few weeks after the party he started acting weird I asked him what was wrong and he told me that some of his family members including his dad didn't want us to be together they felt like he should be dating a Latina, his friends even make fun of him for being with me I don't want this to come between us but it's hurtful, although he's 23 I feel like he should be able to love who he wants I just don't want to be with someone who lets a skin color and other people's opinions come between what we have I just don't know what to do at this point.