I just don't know what to do

A month ago I moved away for college, 18 hours away from my boyfriend. Everything was going ok at first, we Skyped or called every night and texted through out the day but the last two weeks we've been constantly getting into fights because I think he doesn't take the time to call or even text me anymore or do little favors; a few days ago I asked him to edit a paper for me within the next couple of days and instead he went to a concert and picked up his friend who lives an hour away from him. College hasn't been going great, I spend all of my time alone in my dorm with no one to talk to and it was nice to have a phone call from my boyfriend to talk about my day but now I don't even have that so now I've been yelling at him, telling him how I feel and he is telling me that I'm over exaggerating. I just feel like he doesn't care anymore now that I'm gone, but he just tells me that it's not true and that he does care, but I just don't know if I believe him. All we ever do it fight and I feel like I'm going crazy, but I love him so much and I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice for better communication? Am I going crazy and expecting too much out of him in this relationship? Any ideas on how he can show how he does care?