I am heartbroken after thinking I had met my soulmate, and realizing it wasn't the truth.

I was with who I thought was my best friend and soulmate for the last 2 years. we had the perfect chemistry, and everything possible in common including our childhood, the songs we liked , Hobbies , our future plans. He was my other half.. or so I thought. things started to change over the last 6 months and we let exes and jealousy get in the middle of our relationship. Terrible things were said to each other that just couldn't be taken back. Alcohol became a real problem also and everything that I thought we had slowly disappeared. we tried counseling and we just tried to start over again, but nothing was helping and we were forced to walk away. now I am just feeling lonely and numb, and like my only life purpose is my child but I don't know what the future holds for me anymore. I know that sounds ridiculous but I really thought I had met the man of my dreams. I should also mention a lot had to do with the fact we were both in 15 year relationships previously, and had children with our exes so we were also trying to combine our families as well which made it even more difficult. Does anyone have any advice on how to move forward or been through a similar situation?