Parents abusive relationship

My mom and Dad have a very strange relationship in my opinion. It might be normal and I just don’t know it but either way it sucks.

So I just read on snapchat about signs of an emotionally abusive relationship and my dad checks all the boxes of being that asshole. He’s grumpy all the time, takes everything out on my mom, he never wants to do anything, and I can’t count the amount of times my mom has talked to me about anting to divorce him. Of course I hate it when she talks to me about it cuz sometimes I don’t realize how bad it is and then she tells me about it all like I’m her therapist and then I feel bad and hate my own dad (in that moment. Obviously I love him). I’ve told my mom this and she apologized and hasn’t spoken about it for a while but I also know I’m the only person she can talk to about it all.

In public my dads the nicest guy u could meet and then once he gets home he’s pissed for no reason, or doesn’t talk to us and heads straight to bed. Even right now when he hasn’t flipped out in a while and has actually been normal, I still know he’s a jackass and I’ve always preferred my mom and idk if that’s normal or not.

I wish my dad was like my friends dads where they actually want to have conversations with their kids or actually go and do fun things with us. Ik my dad use to when we were very little and my dad is 63 so he’s old and can’t but it still sucks.

Oh and just to give a little info on what i means when he flips out, he got an envelope in the mail for him about idk what, (yes it was something important) but my mom accidentally through it away. When my dad asked what she did with it she lied cuz she knew he’d get mad so he search high and low in the house swearing like a sailor the whole time and then my mom was like “actually I think I remember throwing it out” well my dad gots so pissed, like I haven’t seen him this mad in so long, he flipped the fucking kitchen table on me and left. Over a stupid thing in the mail that he could easily have the company send again with no problem. Cool. Loving life. And my brothers in college so he can finally escape the family more. He actually always has cuz in high school he was always playing sports and out w his friends. Now I just don’t know what’s gonna happen when both me and my brother r gone and it’s just my mom and Dad. Ik my mom has depression cuz of other family issues but idk. Whatever. Just got to live with it I guess.