insensitive "friend"

Karen

So, I'm very ticked off about how this is played out. I have this friend, using the word very loosely, who suffered a miscarriage, 2 years after I did. I've listened to her, she vents to me and tells me that she can't stand going to baby showers and can't look at baby announcements. Aren't we all here? Well, she gets pregnant and all those thoughts are gone out her head. I remain the same. Struggling to get pregnant, can't stand baby announcements and I cringe at baby showers. She, without compassion about my struggles, forces me to attend a baby shower with a mutual friend. Without a thought of how that would make me feel. Just because your pregnant now and forgotten how hard it was doesn't mean I don't still feel the same. I hate that she can go about hating everything baby related then when she's knocked up, it's like the insensitivity wall comes up with no regards to other's feelings. Look, it took her under a year to get pregnant again and it's 3 years and counting for me. It's hard enough for me as is. Have some compassion. Am I being upset for nothing or are my feelings that invalid?