Battling In-laws

Jenny • Ftm 11/15/17 🎀👶🏼💕EBF. New Jersey 27y.o Vegetarian. Banker previously Marketing and Branding. I'm white and original from Georgia, husband is Dominican 🇩🇴 . Bilingual. Need mommy friends hit me up if your from central/north jersey.

My husband is Dominican, and his family (large family) disagree with everything I think/believe/do in this pregnancy. This is our first baby. And I get nothing but comments about how this or that should be done.

I've been a vegetarian for 17years and get comments about how I need to eat meat and doesn't my doctor tell me anything. And I'm like actually no, my doctor said I'm healthy and everything is good with the baby. Oh and I apparently don't eat enough even though I eat when I'm hungry.

I also get comments about my belly being too small and it being due to my clothes because apparently they aren't loose enough, and I need to wear flowy dresses because I'm squishing the baby with my high waisted stretchy "leggings/ maternity pants" and that I wear too many layers and I'm constricting the baby.

We also decided to hold off on vaccinations because I don't like the idea of them injecting her the day she is born, so we may wait until she is a year old or so, and you know that brought all kinds of comments about how I'm putting my child in danger.

And today I said the baby should only be bathed once a week beyond being cleaned with baby wipes because the umbilical cord needs to dry and their skin is sensitive and their natural oils are good for them. And his cousins were both like no they should be bathed daily if not 1-2 times a day and started laughing at me, and his one cousin goes "well I have 3 kids and they're all good" and his other cousin stood and laughed mockingly.

I forgot to also mention that I got comments about how when I come over to the family house, it's just to sleep.. mind you we go over after work every weekend and I'm already tired so by midnight I'm ready to knock out but they stay up until 4am, I couldn't do that before pregnancy and I definitely can't do it now.