Spotting but no AF

Stephanie • fire wife // dog mom // boy mom 💙

Hey there,

I am wondering I anyone else has ever experienced anything like this. My cycles have been a tad variable since coming off of birth control last year. Usually 27-32 days in length.

Today is cd 33, so I guess you could say I'm "late." Who knows with my cycle irregularities 🤷🏼‍♀️

I've been to the doctor, my hormone tests and ultrasounds turned out okay.

This cycle, I started getting light cramps three or four days ago (cd 29-30. On the night of cd 31 I noticed I had some dark brown, almost rusty looking discharge. There was enough of it for me to figure it was af coming on. One tampon overnight wasn't filled but it was enough for me to put another one in yesterday. When I removed it I noticed a lot less color on it and it was really dry (ouch.) I didn't even bother putting one back in.

Last night I inserted another juuust to be safe and this morning I took it out and it was completely clean. Then, when I checked my cm on my lunch break today it was back to normal if not on the dry side.

No af, no more spotting, no other symptoms. What gives? Let me know if you've ever experienced this, thanks!

💕