At a loss.

So my baby was born 11 days ago. My SO and I were nothing but excited and grateful for our son when he arrived. All in the hospital things went smoothly. For the first few days home things were perfect. My SO loves our son, I can see it just when he looks at him. However, for the past few days, there have been problems. I’m doing everything. Just me. My SO is refusing to help with anything anymore. Our son is not a tough baby to care for in my opinion. He only cries when he’s hungry and when getting his diaper changed. I never let him get so hungry to the point of crying and he’s starting to get used to the diaper changes, so crying is slowly becoming less and less. I’ve been trying not to bother my SO too much during the days or nights just because he gets angry very quickly if I ask a few times. Last night I was up all night with our son doing the routine feedings (which I don’t mind at all; they’re necessary!) and diaper changes. Well just this morning it was time to get up and change/feed again. So I asked if he could just change the baby’s diaper so that I could have just a few minutes. He ignored me so I asked again. He kept ignoring me. When he finally did respond, he said “I’m not doing this one.” Mind you, every response is usually him yelling. I then asked why he was refusing to care for his own child. He then proceeded to elbow me in the jaw and go back to sleep.

My SO loves cuddling and holding our son but doesn’t seem to want to help with his necessary care anymore. Am I wrong for trying to get him to help? Our son is barely 2 weeks old and I feel so alone. Meanwhile, any time I need a little help or even just want some help from my SO, he gets physical with me. That alone has started to escalate a little. I just don’t know what to do. I can’t leave him either because he’ll try to take our son from me. I’m just at a total loss and don’t know where to turn.