if you had trouble breastfeeding, when did you stop trying?

my son was born July 10th and he latched on right away for 40 min. when they moved us rooms my mom asked for formula and tried to give it to him 🙄 I was mad bc I planned on breastfeeding exclusively. I couldn't argue with her bc I was high off pain meds and everyone was in the room and I didn't want to be mean to her. when we got home, he wasn't latching on correctly to the point where my nipples were hurting so bad I had to pull him away from me. so I started to pump. and that went well, for a while. I'd pump every two hours or so and once during the night. then I got my period and my supply dropped. I was barely making enough to feed him during the day and started to supplement during the night with formula. that went on for not too long, I was maybe 3 or 4 weeks postpartum when my supply dropped. when my period ended, it dropped even more and that's when I was trying everything to bring it back up and nothing helped. eventually I stopped trying at 6 weeks because I was barely able to pump 2 oz. he had his last breast milk when he was 5 weeks. I'm so sad and kind of relieved. I've been able to sleep without a nursing bra at night cause I don't leak lol. but my boobs went back to their pre-pregnancy size and are just saggier. just wanting to hear other people's stories!

Vote below to see results!