Child Support Questions??

I'm curious on how child support actually works, my son is 2 months old and due to me having to handle all financial things such as rent,utilities childcare, child necessities, and paying for college by myself, I only work so many hours a week so I'm curious please answer 1. I'm 17, will they allow me to put my 19 year old ex on child support? (I'm positive he's the father I lost my virginity to him, and I don't mind doing a DNA test.) #2. he moved to another state, will I be required to send my son over there ? he alwaya said he doesnt care for my son and wants nothing to do with neither one of us my son is a little sick and I'm afraid he won't be able to care for him, I also keep having nightmares that I send my son over there and that he'll kill my son to hurt me,(he wasn't the kindest person in the world) not to mention he's never even asked to spend time with the baby even after he spent a while in the NICU. Can someone please help me out by answeringthese questions. no judging please, thank u in advance