When to talk sex ed.

Rebekah

I am a first time, pregnant mom-to-be. I also have a 9 year old step-daughter who's mother I get along with great. However, her mother refuses to discuss how and when "the talk" will happen. Like, my SD calls her vagina a front butt and still believes in Santa. Usually, I wouldn't care. But she keeps asking difficult questions about my pregnancy. Like "Why did it take so long to get pregnant?" and "How were you pregnant before you took the test?" and "How will the baby be related to daddy and me if you are the one who is pregnant?". Her mom has always told her that babies come from Jesus when a married couple asks for a baby. My husband and I are not religious, and we prefer giving (watered down) facts. I HATE LYING TO HER! I am more of a "use the words vagina and penis responsibly, introduce the concept of sex in an age appropriate way, and answer any questions she has honestly" kind of mom. So what do I do here! Do they still teach sex ed in school? Maybe I'll get lucky and this will be the year?