Birth control experiences? Share yours!

I’m curious to see what other women experienced on birth control.

I’ve been on the pill for 2 years, and it honestly made my life so much easier. My periods were horrific, I would get them twice a month and they would last 8-10 days. They were so painful and heavy I often found myself crying over the cramps and I used to take ibuprofen like crazy in the first few days.

Now I hardly ever get cramps anymore! And if I do they’re really mild, haven’t had cramps in months. My period is so light now I can’t even feel that I’m on it and it only lasts for about 4-5 days.

I also feel like it helped with my depressive moods and thoughts - although this could only be me? I’m not sure, but I haven’t had any breakdowns anymore since I started it.

It’s such a hassle to drop everything I’m doing and take my pill though, so I was thinking about getting something else that’s long term. But

I’m so afraid of the side effects since I heard many bad stories and I don’t want my period to stop or become irregular as. Plus I’m in my last college year and I’m still living with my parents and my mum always knows when I’m on my period so I don’t wanna have her asking questions if my periods go crazy lol.

What about your experiences with birth control, ladies?