Social media break

Jo

I️ have been away from Facebook for a week today, with the exception of about 5 minutes one day because there was a fatal wreck in town and I️ was trying to see if I️ knew the person.

I️ got so tired of all the bad news and politics that was all over my newsfeed and I️ realized that I️ had my nose in my phone and was missing out on stuff around me, simple things, like the changing leaves on a road trip.

I️ honestly haven’t had any “withdrawal” the first day was a little hard because I️ was bored and home alone and didn’t know what else to do. But instead I️ rediscovered my love for reading.

This has been a great week, I️ feel like I’ve rediscovered myself as stupid as that sounds.

I️ struggle with anxiety and depression and this has helped me. If anyone else is struggling maybe consider a social media break. I️ kept involved with <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">eve</a> because I️ see it as more of a support community than social media, or that’s how I️ use it anyway.