This isn’t meant to be offensive I am just curious...

So there is someone in my life who I believe has a personality disorder and is faking aspects of mental illness and exaggerating, lying, manipulating their situation I suppose as a personal gain. They obviously have issues if they are doing that. But there is no way for this person to get help if it is not understood what the actual issue is. People are treating the persons issue like it is depression and anxiety while I think there is a lot more to it than just classic anxiety and depression. A lot of things the person does in regards to their “anxiety” “depression” seem to have some motive or manipulation to it. Also their experiences and things don’t seem to add up to each other. A lot of instances would have me believe the person is suffering from a personality disorder and I want to do the best I can to help with that. I know some people may take offense to me asking what are signs and indicators to look for lying about mental illness and manipulating or using their mental illness to gain validation, but I mean this in the least offensive way possible because it is absolutely still an issue it’s just and issue that needs to be treated differently. So would anyone care to share personal experiences you have with someone having a personality disorder and showing behaviors of manipulation, lying, being deceitful, exaggerating problems, etc.