Misoprostol didn’t work... advice?

H

So I️ found out last Tuesday at my 10 week ultrasound that baby had no heartbeat and was measuring around 8 weeks. I️ had a missed miscarriage.

I️ waited until yesterday before deciding to take my misprostol pills my doctor prescribed in the case I️ didn’t want to wait or my body wasn’t miscarrying on its own.

I️ was tired of the emotional torment of waiting for it to happen on its own so at 6:30am I️ took the 4 pills vaginally as instructed. I️ followed all the instructions and my husband and myself settled onto the couch with movies, Netflix and junk food for the day.

I️ anticipated from what I️ read heavy bleeding after 4-6 hours. The paper and instructions my doctor told me is it shouldn’t take more than 12 hours for things to happen.

Well, nothing happened. I️ got every side effect to the medicine possible, diarrhea, nausea, throwing up, dizziness but minimal cramping if any and no bleeding.

At 13.5 hours in, I️ started bleeding. Light cramping began a couple hours earlier and I️ started bleeding not too hard but definitely around my heaviest period.

A couple hours after that I️ lost quite a few blood clots. Only once and to fill a pad completely and some in the toilet. I️ figured it had started and it was going to be a long night of no sleep.

I️ had only gone through 3 pads, probably one an hour or more if I️ had to guess. I️ put on another and went to bed.

Well I️ woke up and there was hardly any blood on the pad. There was some but definitely not what I️ was expecting and not NEAR full. It’s been 3 hours since waking up and I️ only have light pink on the tissue paper when I️ wipe. That’s it. No cramps, no real bleeding. Just spotting.

I️ can’t call or see my doctor until tomorrow and I’m just frustrated at this point. I’ll likely have to take a second dose from my doctor or have a d&c; which I️ don’t want.

Has anyone else gone through this? Heard of this happening? I’m seriously at a loss as to why the medication wouldn’t have worked. I’m positive I’m not done, I️ did not bleed or pass enough tissue. If you’ve had a d&c; please help calm my fears. Im so scared to get one and want to avoid it at all costs.