MC dream following the real thing

Alyssa

My subconscious is a b*tch. After a very long, painful miscarriage in August, I am pregnant again (5 weeks today I guess).

While it’s a daily struggle to remind myself “I am doing the best I can, doing everything right, and if this pregnancy is lost again, it’s not in my control,” now I’m having vivid dreams about losing this pregnancy. Down to seeing myself catching the lost tissue, seeing the (impossibly detailed at only 5 weeks) “body.” I can’t really talk about it with my partner, who has miscarriage trauma from his poor mother’s many miscarriages while he was in high school and she was working to give him a little sister (which was eventually a beautiful success, but sort of scarred him to hold his own mother through her losses when he was just a boy). It’s not that these dreams I’m having are particularly traumatic, either. They just feel... mean! Like, dude, subconscious, I am doing my best here, can I even have a good night’s rest without you trying to freak me out about another miscarriage? UGH. Anybody else have miscarriage dreams after surviving one?