Need some advice about a jacked relationship...

Terra

Bear with me, this is a long one! Okay, so just about a year ago, I was coming out of a rough marriage and started talking heavily with a friend from high school. It wasn't long before we ended up doing more than talking and the chemistry between us was incredible. However, due to the fact that my divorce wasn't finalized at the time, we never really defined our relationship as more than casual, and even after the divorce was over, nothing ever changed between us. Naturally, my feelings didn't remain casual though. Fast forward about 7 months and I wound up with a positive pregnancy test. Surprise! Well, baby daddy didn't take the news so well. So he told me right off the bat that he wasn't ready to be a father (aka didn't want to keep it) and then told me that we needed to cool things down between us (aka break up). I reluctantly agreed to abort, because I didn't think I was ready to be a parent either, but especially not solo, and we went our separate ways. Didn't hear from him for a couple weeks and took the time to contemplate my choices between mourning my breakup. Finally decided I couldn't go through with the abortion, and was considering adoption over single parenting. After telling him this, I didn't hear from him again until about 4 months later when he texted me out of the blue wanting to meet up. We'd both been doing a lot of thinking over the months, and he'd apparently decided he wanted to co-parent our child. Surprise again! I decided to give him a chance to prove himself if he was really serious, because it is his child, after all. And he really has been amazingly committed to becoming a father, super excited about it, very sweet and helpful to me, and constantly checking in to make sure I'm okay and don't need anything. This has been exceedingly hard for me, because I still haven't managed to get over him, and despite our choice to co-parent, nothing has changed between us. So every time I see him I'm dying a little inside, because the connection between us is still there and everything feels so natural, but I feel like I might be the only one that feels that way. And I don't want to bring it up because I don't want to cause any issues that might make things harder for our child in the future. But my heart breaks a bit every time we're together. How am I supposed to get over someone who will be around for the rest of my life though? 😩😔