Sex sometimes smells like condoms ???

👻

Oh my god guys... someone please tell me they know what’s going on 😩

My boyfriend has been with me, in my sight, for a week. When we have sex, we generate a smell that smells like latex condoms—SOMETIMES.

We’ve showered. We don’t use condoms or internal toys. And it only happens after we begin.

I don’t understand it. Of course this has made BOTH of our paranoia & insecurities trigger despite the proof that we haven’t gone out and had sex with someone else.

I get tested every 2 weeks because I’ve never been with an IV drug user/NOW (thank god!) addict in recovery & getting tested a lot helps my anxiety for entering a relationship with this responsibility, so it’s not an std/sti.

I’m also deathly allergic to latex. I cannot even be around other tattoo artists that use latex gloves because it gets in the air and I have a reaction for breathing in the general area of their gloves. This smell is exactly like latex (not nitrile or polyurethane or vinyl) but without the “I’m about to die” reaction for breathing it in 😩.

We ALMOST got into a fight about it tonight, but we’ve seriously been together non-stop for a week so there’s absolutely no way someone cheated. The only time we are away from each other is 15 ft away using the bathroom 🤷🏼‍♀️

Is it detergent? Soap? Friction between us “burning up” CM?

I’m debating making a diet journal and seeing if any foods correlate with this occasional smell 😭. I just hope I’m not alone!