Trouble With A Guy😩❓

So there’s a guy who I’ve been talking to for I’d say probably a month or so. He’s nice and we can tease each other and treat each other almost as best friends. He has told me I wasn’t ugly and that he thinks I’m hot. We started talking around a week after he got out of a relationship. He’s in high school and doesn’t go to the same school but he does live around 15 minuets or so away. He’s only one year older than me. Well we’ve sent “pictures” to each other and he’s mentioned that he’d be down to smash and stuff. I’ve just been really confused though. My friend asked one time if I was his 11:11 on sc and he said “Maybe”. And when he stays up until 11:11 he puts 11:11 on his sc story and didn’t do that until I started talking to him. When ever he says goodnight or good bye it’s followed by these two emojis 😂❤️. I do the same thing. And he refuses to leave me on opened when we are saying goodnight. The thing is I don’t know if he actually likes me, I’m not sure why but I feel like if he actually likes me that he would’ve asked me out or something. I just need some advice 😩