I don’t know wth I’m doing🙃

Ok so I’m 16 and I’ve know a guy at my church for a really long time now, we’re only 3 years apart and he’s turning 20 in January. The reason why I’m writing this post is because well I’m not sure if maybe he might like me or am I just making things up in my head. At the beginning of the year he began to play footsies with me in Sunday school class then things sort of began to change. We began to make more eye contact and smile at each other more, and we even began to text each other. So one day we had a gathering at a park and I was walking back to the table by myself and he was walking in the opposite direction of me and then all of a sudden he was standing next to me saying that he needed to walk back with me to make sure that nobody took me. So then over the course of the next few months till today, when we shake hands at church he holds on to it and then walks away with my hand still in his. And the whole smiling, eye contact and hand thing had definitely been happening more often. We’ve actually even been texting daily for almost a week which is kind of surprising. But I’m to shy and nervous to ask if maybe he has feelings for me. & while we’ve been texting sometimes he calls me dude but am I just overreacting or will we just only be friends? Sorry for making this so long but I don’t have any experience with bfs, I’ve never had one and have never even had a first kiss & I just need advice.