Bringing back my "old" husband

I've been with my husband 3 years now, when we first started dating, he was so kind, open, and loving.. but as time progressed, life got stressful things started to change, and we grew apart.

His temper began to rise, and the hurt started to build... well, I'm currently taking my masters in counselling, and have been inadvertently trying to help, because it's been hard dealing with life in the situation we've been in.

I've had 4 miscarriages in the last year, and we are currently trying to figure out why... some days my husband cares, other days he asks why I can't just get over them already..

Finally one day about a moth or so ago, I asked him to write down how he felt and all he felt.. regardless of if he wanted to share with me or not he needed to let it out to "someone".. tonight he passed me his note... and now I feel so helpless, how could I not know all that he wrote inside his letter, how could I not see all the hurt he had built up inside of him... what went so wrong...

Where do you even begin when you read your husband is so disappointed with himself? how do you not cry? How do you being to find the strength to help him... I love him so much his letter nearly broke me, as he was afraid he did break me.. only of course for two separate reasons...

I've never felt so helpless in my position in all my life, and studies ... how do you help the one person you love so much, when he feels he's let you down?