I need help or advice about my relationship

He's 17 and I'm 16. A 2 years almost 3 year long distance relationship My boyfriend and me have been getting in arguments almost every day recently we had a very huge argument which made everything else worse. So now we started arguing almost everyday. Most of the time it's he's moms fault she just so pissed that he let me wear his class ring. She very controlling and she always gets what she wants. She always hated me and she definitely wants us to break up. So we argue over the ring and his mom wants to threaten me and my mom. She doesn't get that the ring thing is between me and him. It's not my fault she just now asking where it's at. I have had it m a year and couple months or longer We agreed yes I will give it back to him when he wants it. So I been refusing because he's not the one who wants it's he's mom is the one who wants it. So I refuse because I'm not letting her take control over me and get what she wants like always. "She told him once you get it back break up with her" so today was all okay and then she brought up the ring and threatening again. So that made us get into an argument. Me and him agreed yesterday that I could keep it longer then he lied to his mom and said yes I'm mailing it to him. We got in a argument and he hung up on me and then called back all anger and screaming at me when I did nothing wrong. Then said it's over. He has recently keep bring up stuff that I have called him before. Just because he upset me real badly and hurt me so I called him some name but there not that bad of words and that was only one time and I told him multiple times I was sorry and I never meant them. But he doesn't believe me they are stuck in he's head. I'm not bringing up what he has called me. Then he says he's my slave and all that. When everyone knows he's not. I have very bad trust issues now because he was talking to girls and he hid talking to a girl behind my back and lied to me when I asked if he was talking to girl. It hurt me and it's hard to trust him they went to school together she even told him to break up with me and be with her. Recently he hasn't been himself we got in arguments recently and when he had upset me and I cried he just don't care at all. Before He never could handle me crying it would make him cry too. But he said he's heart has been broke because of me. He says I can't cry no more I hurt him to bad and that if he cries that means I'll get back into control. But Anyways this relationship is most likely broke. Even tho he broke up with me. He texted me later said he was a horrible person and that he loved me and all that. He wanted to start over. I truly love him and I want to be together he's my first love. I don't know if we just need time apart or what. Please someone help.