Comfort and reassurance

My boyfriend gets jealous easily and today he got upset with regarding music..I like to listen to foreign music.

Anyways he told me I only listen to it for the visuals because I don’t know what they’re saying

(He was implying I only listen to it for the guys)

Then I said I don’t have to understand what they’re saying in order to like it and besides I listen to girls sing too not just guys

But he wouldn’t have it. He then told me girls only do that shit for the visuals and that I’m no exception to it and only reason I listen to it is for the guys

Then I said I got into that certain type of music because of a girl band and I stuck to it because I like the music then I told him “so don’t tell me your reason for me liking it....there’s no reason for you to be upset or angry or whatever your feeling”

Then he responds with “ok”

So then I got a little angry at that cause I knew he was being really pouty

So then I asked him if he still wanted to talk cause it didn’t seem like he did.

He left the message on read so I figured that meant yes to message later

But then he messages like an hour later still being upset and then he told me love me and that he got jealous and all those things

But I wasn’t very happy because he always goes to assumptions and it hurts that he thinks of me in a certain light....In his mind I shouldn’t be upset....is he right? Am I being bratty

I feel like this little argument is stupid to begin with but it struck a chord with me because its always a problem regarding guys when in reality I’m doing nothing wrong...it’s like he’s delusional and it’s caused a riff in the relationship...he seems to think every problem revolves around a guy when it’s just he himself that’s the problem