Drop your Natural Hair stories & pics

Paige

Started from the bottom! I was bald headed most of my early childhood. Started getting relaxers at age 3! When I was about 10 years old my hair fell out due to a terrible relaxer my mom gave me at home. I had scabs all over my head and my edges literally burnt off. I started wearing wigs as a 10 year old, when kids were so cruel. It was humiliating! I always hated my hair. I would cry and pray that God would bless me with "good hair" which is code for fine hair, curly hair, anything but my nappy head.

I finally RETURNED to my natural hair my freshman year in college after overdosing on YouTube videos. Now I'm 4 years strong, past bra strap length, completely in love with my hair and rock my fro with shameless audacity.

Also destroying the myths. It's not that difficult to deal with. My wash day routine does not take longer than an hour and that includes deep conditioning. It does not take special effort for my hair to grow out. Soon as I stopped putting harsh chemicals in it and avoided using heat my hair began to FLOURISH!